* Variety – Don’t use the same password on all the sites you visit.
* Don’t use a word from the dictionary.
* Length – Select strong passwords that can’t easily be guessed with 10 or more characters.
* Think of a meaningful phrase, song or quote and turn it into a complex password using the first letter of each word.
* Complexity – Randomly add capital letters, punctuation or symbols.
* Substitute numbers for letters that look similar (for example, substitute “0″ for “o” or “3″ for “E”.
* Never give your password to others or write it down.
Mysteriously, it doesn’t mention “don’t use websites that don’t salt their users’ passwords.”
I’m really glad I never joined LinkedIn.